Chinese Athletic Association, Sports Bureau of Jiangsu Province, Wuxi Municipal People’s Government
Jiangsu Sports Competitions Administration Center, Sports Bureau of Wuxi City, Huipao Event
Ⅲ. Event date and place
March 24th, 2019 Wuxi • China
Ⅳ. Event RaceRace
Marathon (42.195 km), Half Marathon(21.0975 km), Mini Marathon(5 km)
Ⅴ. Race Group
Men’s marathon group, women’s marathon group, men’s half-marathon group, women’s half-marathon group, mini-marathon group
Ⅵ. Start Time
7:30, March 24th, 2019
Ⅶ. Start and Finish
(Ⅰ) Start: at the crossing of Taihu Avenue and Yinxiu Road;
(Ⅱ) Finish: Wuxi Taihu International Expo Center (marathon), the stadium of Jiangnan University (half-marathon), Lihu Central Park (mini-marathon)
Ⅷ. Race methods
(I) The Competition Rules of International Association of Athletics Federations approved by Chinese Athletic Association will apply and the specific rules and regulations for this marathon race.
(Ⅱ) According to the Notice Participanton participants with disabilities Participation in National Marathon and Related Sport Competitions of Chinese Athletic Association, participants with disabilities who meet the participation conditions are allowed to participate in this race.
(III) If the Chief Referee or medical staff on the course demands a participant to withdraw from the race, this participant must immediately stop his/her race and leave the course.
The zoning shall be based on the applying participants’ previous best results of the marathon event or half-marathon event at the certified “Class-A1 competitions” held from Dec. 1st, 2016 to Dec. 1st, 2018 on website: runchina.org.cn. The race participants shall assembleassemble in the designated zones. The participants of non-racing wheelchairs and the participants pushing strollers for the race must assemble after assembly zone mini-marathon. Considering the course conditions, a group of racing wheelchairs will not be set for this race, that is, racing wheelchair participants will be prohibited from participating in this race.
The Organization Committee will set a roll-call carpet in front of each zone. Participants must enter the venue in strict accordance with their designated zones. After the starting gun is fired, participants shall first pass the roll-call carpets of their respective zones and then pass the timing carpet at the start otherwise their race results will be ineffective.
(Ⅴ) The way of start: the starting gun is fired only once, and all participants start to run at the same time. If a participant commits a null start, it will not stop and the Chief Referee will proceed to disqualify him.
(Ⅵ) Timing method:
The way of induction timing will be used for marathon and half-marathon of this race. The chip of induction timing will begin to count the time (net timing) when the participant passes the starting point, and mini-marathon will not be. Only for the elite the time shot will be used.
(Ⅶ) Cut-off distance and time
In order to ensure the safety of participants during the race, we will close the social traffic progressively. The cut-off time for the race will be particularly set for each section of the race route. When the point is cut off, the timing carpet of the corresponding milestone will stop working, and the social traffic in the corresponding section will be resumed. A participant who fails to complete the corresponding distance before the point is cut off must quit the race immediately and withdraw from the course in case of danger. Participants who quit the race can arrive at the ending point by the shelter bus along the course or self-choose to leave the site by means of public transport.
The cut-off time will be calculated according to the natural time. Please refer to the following table for the details:
(Ⅷ) Drop bag service:
Participants shall deposit their clothing according to number sections in the designated area at the start area. After arriving at the finish, they shall get their personal clothing back in the zones of the corresponding number sections. The Organization Committee will not check the articles deposited by participants in the clothing-deposit bags. Therefore, it will not accept any complaint made by any participant about the state of the relevant articles when getting their clothing-deposit bags back, or assume compensation liability for any of their loss or damage. We suggest not depositing your mobile phones, ID cards, passports or any other valuable articles or cash in the bags.
At 7:15 on the race day, at the start, the Organization Committee will stop drop bag service. Participants are required to make proper time arrangement. Participants of half-marathon and marathon shall get their dropped bags in the designated area at the finish at 11:15 and 14: 15 on the race day respectively. If they fail to get their bags in time, they can claim them from the Organization Committee of the race within five days after the race (the participants shall pay for any mailing thus arisen). If participants fail to do so in time, the Organization Committee will dispose of the articles as unclaimed ones.
(Ⅸ) Medical rescue
1. The Organization Committee will set up fixed medical stations along the course and the finish of each race;
2. The Organization Committee will set up mobile AED stations of medical rescue service along the course;
3. The Organization Committee will set up first-aid volunteers along the course, assisting in medical rescue, and maintaining the race order. Participants can seek help from them at any time.
4. If a participant loses his/her consciousness during the race, he/she shall be regarded as having voluntarily authorized the medical staff and first-aid volunteers of the Organization Committee to take all measures for first aid, including but not limited to CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation), AED (automated external defibrillation) and lease of vehicles or aircrafts for rapid transfer. The relevant participants shall assume resulting legal liability and pay the accompanying fees. The medical staff, first-aid volunteers and the Organization Committee involved in the rescue will not assume any legal or financial liability.
5. During the race, medical stations, medical staff of first-aid vehicles and members of first-aid teams shall have the right to make judgments and suspend participants from the race according to the conditions of participants. Participants must obey the arrangements and accept the suggestion made by the medical staff and members of first-aim teams; otherwise, the participants will bear all consequences and assume all liabilities arising from their insistence on continuing to participate in the race.
(Ⅹ) A dope test will be carried out to the participants that are determined of this race according to the relevant regulations of International Association of Athletics Federations and Chinese Athletic Association.
(Ⅺ) For other detailed requirements and arrangements for the race, please refer to the Official Manual of this race.
IX. The measures for participants’ application for the race
(Ⅰ) Age requirements
1. Marathon, aged above 20 (born before Dec. 31, 1999);
2. Half Marathon, aged above 18 (born before Dec. 31, 2001);
3. Mini Marathon, aged above 3 (born before Dec. 31, 2016);
Cautions: With regard to minors (less than 18 years old) who sign up for the race, the participants and their custodians or legal representatives must be at present and the disclaimer for the race must be signed by their custodians or legal representatives on the site before the participants can receive the articles of race participation and participate in the race. With regard to minors aged less than 16 who sign up for the Mini-marathon race, their custodians or legal representatives must sign up for the same race and accompany the participants all the time; otherwise, the participants cannot receive articles of race participation or pass the roll-call to participate in the race.)
(II) Requirement for the physical status of participants
Marathon is a high-load, high-intensity and long-distance competitive sport, and is also a high-risk competitive sport, with a high requirement for the physical status of participants. Participants shall be physically healthy and shall have the foundation of long-term participation in running exercise. Those with the following physical status shall not apply for the competition:
1. Congenital heart diseases and rheumatic heart diseases;
2. Hypertension and cerebral vascular diseases;
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia;
5. Diabetes with hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia;
6. Having caught a cold within two weeks before the date of competition;
8. Any undetected disease that does not allow the performance of endurance competition.
(Ⅲ) Way of application
1. The total number of applicants for Marathon shall not exceed 20,000. The total number of applicants for Half Marathon shall not exceed 10,000. The total number of applicants for Mini Marathon shall not exceed 3,000. If the total number of applicants for an event exceeds the above quota, the qualifications for the race shall be acquired in the way of lot-drawing and alternate.
2. For the details of the way, process and notes of application for the race and the way of alternation and withdrawal, please refer to the Instructions for Application on the official website of the race.
3. Before the race, the Organization Committee will notify the participants to log into the official website of the race to inquire about their numbers of race participation.
4. There is a total quota of 200/100 applicants for the public welfare of Marathon and Half Marathon of this race respectively. The application will be rejected after the total quota is reached. The participants applying for the public-welfare (charity) quota can be exempted from lot drawing and directly get the participation qualification.
5. The participants whose results have reached the following standards can be exempted from lot drawing and directly get the participation qualification. The specific implementation measures are as follows:
(1) The participants applying for Marathon: In the data about the result of any “Class-A1 competition” certified by Chinese Athletic Association held from Dec. 1, 2016 to Dec. 1, 2018 that can be tracked down on the website:runchina.org.cn, the result of the marathon event reaches the straight-through standard of 2019 Wuxi Marathon:
The straight-through standard for the result of the marathon event is as follows:
(2) The participants applying for the Half Marathon event: In the data of the result of any “Class-A1 competition” certified by Chinese Athletic Association held from Dec. 1, 2016 to Dec. 1, 2018 that can be tracked down on the website:runchina.org.cn, the result of the half-Marathon event reaches the straight-through standard of 2019 Wuxi Marathon:
The straight-through standard for the result of the half-Marathon event is as follows:
6. The participants who have applied for any race of Wuxi Marathon for at least four sessions from 2014 to 2018 and having acquired the participation qualification (excluding the participants applying for refund after acquiring the participation quota) can be exempted from lot-drawing and can directly get the participation qualification.
7. To specially-invited participants, official pacers, title sponsors, sponsors, partners and official media, the Organization Committee will uniformly allocate a certain amount of participation quota.
(IV) Fee of application
Ⅹ. Prize methods
(Ⅰ) Ranking awards for Marathon:
The top 8 participants of men and women (gun time) will be awarded a prize (RMB, unit: yuan) respectively.
(II) Ranking awards for Half Marathon
The top 3 participants (net time) will be awarded prizes (RMB, Unit: Yuan) respectively:
(Ⅲ) Special prize for athletes of Chinese nationality in the marathon
If an athlete of Chinese nationality reaches the following requirement of marathon result and ranks among the first eighth places of men or women among athletes of Chinese nationality (net time), he/she will be awarded a prize (RMB, unit: yuan) respectively.
(Ⅳ) If an athlete of Chinese nationality is awarded a ranking prize and the special prize for athletes of Chinese nationality at the same time, then only the higher prize of the above two shall be issued.
(Ⅴ) A personal income tax will be levied on any of above prizes as per 20%. The prizes will be issued to winning participants 30 workdays after the day of race (With regard to the participants who receive the dupe test, the prizes will be issued after the result of the dupe test is publicized). If a winning participant fails to pass the dupe test, his/her result, ranking and prize will be cancelled, and the vacancy of the rank will not be filled in the proper order.
(Ⅵ) Trophies and medals will be respectively issued to the participants on the site who rank among the first three places of men and women of marathon.
(Ⅶ) The participants who complete the race before the cut-off time can receive the articles of race completion and medals of race completion (Marathon) or souvenir medals (Half Marathon) on the strength of their effective number bibs and race wristbands.
(Ⅷ) No result or rank will be counted for Mini Marathon.
(Ⅸ) The participants who complete the race before cut-off time can, within 24 hours after the race, log into the oficial website of the race to inquire about their results. The participants outside the first 20 places of various races can download the result certificates at the same time. Certificates include results of various section points, results of gunshots, net-timing results, etc. If a time at any point on a carpet is absent, Article 240.10 will be applied to said participant and he will be disqualified.
(Ⅹ) Results will be publicized on the official website of the race within five workdays after the race. If a participant raises any doubt to his/her race result in the publicity period, he/she can contact the Organization Committee of the event and provide truthful and effective evidence. The participants ranking the first 20 places of various events can download their certificates from the official website only after the end of the publicity period.
Ⅺ. Punishment measures
The Organization Committee will carry out video monitoring to the start, the entire route and the finish.
(Ⅰ) If a participant participates in the race in the name of any other person or practices any fraud to seek the ranking or prize of this race, or brings with him/her two or more chips at the same time to participate in the race (the difference between the results of two sensors at the timing point is less than 0.1 second), or privately forges a number bib to participate in the race, or relays in turn with others, then Wuxi Marathon Organization Committee and Chinese Athletic Association will jointly punish him/her:
1. The Organization Committee will mete out the following punishments:
1) Cancel the result and ranking of the participant in 2019 Wuxi Marathon. This can only be done by the Chief Referee.
2) Forever prohibit the participant from participating in Wuxi Marathon;
3) Publicize the result of punishment on the official website of Wuxi Marathon.
2. Chinese Athletic Association will mete out the following punishments:
1) Add the name of this participant to the name list of all relevant violators, and prohibit the participant from signing up for any race certified by Chinese Athletic Association within two years;
2) During or after the punishment period, if the participant commits a similar violation, he/she will be forever prohibited from signing up for any race certified by Chinese Athletic Association.
(Ⅱ) If any participant commits any of the following violations in the race period, the Organization Committee will, according to the severity of violation, respectively mete out the following punishments over him/her: cancelling his/her qualification and result of 2019 Wuxi Marathon Race, suspending him/her from the race, prohibiting him/her from participating in the race for one to two years, or forever prohibiting him/her from the race. If the violation is very severe, the Organization Committee can request Chinese Athletic Association to add punishment.
1. Apply for the race by falsifying his/her age;
2. Conceal his/her physical disease;
3. Fail to wear his/her number bib or race wristband as required;
4. Start to run in the front of the starting area against the prescribed starting order;
5. Start to run before the prescribed time;
6. His/her coach or broker enters the course area by taking any vehicle;
7. Fail to complete the race along the prescribed route, take a shortcut or enter the course area in the midway;
8. Commit such fouls as squeezing, pushing, bumping or tripping against other participants during the race;
9. Repeatedly pass the end point to receive the souvenir against the regulations;
10. Privately pass the end point to receive the souvenir without completing the full journey;
11.Disobey the command the race judges.
12. Abuse, fight or cause trouble during the race;
13. Practice any other act against the race regulations.
14. Violation of the Competence Rule 144.3 (a) of the IAAF.
15. Violation of the Competence Rule 163.15 (c) of the IAAF on refreshment out of area.
16. Violation of the Competence Rule 240.6 of the IAAF on null start.
Everything not specified in this point will be governed by the Technical Rules of the Chinese Athletic Association and IAAF.
If any person uses any false information to obtain the qualification of race participation, or transfers his/her qualification of race participation to any other substitute runner after application, then both the applicant and the substitute runner shall be regarded as violators of regulations, and shall bear all consequences which occur during the race.
Insurances will be bought for all participants and staff of this race. The insurance policy information shall be based on the application information. Any wrong application information will lead to insurance failure, and the applicant shall assume all related liabilities alone.
ⅩⅢ. Technical representatives, technical officials and umpires.
To be appointed by Chinese Athletic Association and Jiangsu Sports Competitions Administration Center and for the IAAF.
What is not foreseen in this Regulation will be subject to the rules of the Chinese Athletic Association and the IAAF.
XIV. Wuxi Marathon Organization Committee
(I) Service Tel: 400-99-42195 Ext. 1
(Work Time: 9:00-18:00 from Monday to Saturday)
(III)Official website: wuximarathon.com
The rights to interpretation of this Regulation belong to Wuxi Marathon Organization Committee. Unfinished matters shall be notified separately.
Wuxi Marathon Organization Committee
December 8th, 2018